- What we collect. KallCents collects information from our customers at various points on our website (through on-line forms, cookies, log files and clear gifs), over the phone and via fax transmissions (conversations with customer service and faxed/mailed forms), and through the use of the KallCents service (creation of call records). This information may include customers name, address, email, credit information, credit card/bank information, call records (call logs), voice and data transmissions, IP address, type of web browser used etc. The time period for which we keep information varies according to how we use the information. In some cases, there are legal and business requirements to keep data for a minimum period.
- How we use the information. KallCents uses the customer information to provide our service to the customer, to monitor and operate our network and website, to communicate with the customers and to bill and collect for the services. KallCents will contact customers via email and/or telephone to provide information about enhancements or changes to customerís services Ė customers cannot opt-out from receiving this type of correspondence as it is directly related to their account and services. KallCents does not email special offerings from or about other entities. In addition to the disclosure described below, KallCents may share certain customer information with affiliated third parties where those third parties treat such information consistent with this Policy and where such use is for the provision of a component of the KallCents service (such as billing & collection.)
- Content of KallCents transmissions. KallCents acts as a passive conduit for the distribution and receipt of your voice and data transmissions and does not monitor, edit, or disclose the contents of a customerís communications unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on KallCents; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of KallCents; or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of its customers or the public.
- When we will disclose customer information (exceptions to privacy). We may disclose customer information if and when we believe it is necessary to comply with any law, regulation, court order, subpoena, or to investigate or attempt to prevent any misuse of our services or to enforce our legal rights, rules of our website, or to protect our business, property or operations. For example, we may disclose customer information to law enforcement, other governement agencies (such as the FCC and FTC) or third parties in response to criminal or civil subpoenas. In the event KallCents participates in a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, customer information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
- Junk Faxes, Abuse. KallCents may also use customer information to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the customer agreement for that service. While KallCents cannot be responsible for the content, dialing or transmission patterns, or abuse of service of and by its customers or those sending transmissions to its customers, it is our intention to use legally available means to prevent use of the services for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to distribution and receipt of unsolicited commercial faxes ("junk faxes") and harassing phone calls.